The 1st Interment to take place in this cemetery: July 1st 1877.
Formerly administered by the old Shanklin Urban District Council then Sandown & Shanklin UDC then the Isle of Wight Council in 1995.
The land that the cemetery is situated on had connections with the Atherley family. A large plot of land on the cemetery site was in reserve, but has now been developed and subsequently consecrated.
The 1st Interment to take place in this cemetery: October 17th 1870.
Former Burial ground for the Parish of Ventnor which was absorbed into the old Ventnor Urban District Council and in 1974 came under the South Borough Council. In 1995 the Isle of Wight Council took over ownership and management of the cemetery.
Originally a Parish cemetery Wroxall Cemetery was absorbed into Ventnor Urban District Council around 1933 under the Isle of Wight Union Act and then Passed to South Wight Borough Council. In 1995 the cemetery was passed into the Isle of Wight Councils ownership and control.